Tuesday, April 04, 2006

A Walking Day

On March 30th my class went to Angel Island. That day we have to go to school early at 7. 45 am. My husband took me to school on the way he went to work. I went to buy some food for my lunch. At school, I met my classmates with some friends from another class. We waited for the teacher about a few minutes. Our teacher came and he brought some jackets. Maybe he thought some of us would be cold when we arrived to Angel Island. As the plan, we left school at 7. 55 am. We walked to the BART station, where we met some friends. They already bought tickets and waited for us.My teacher showed me how to buy the ticket, and then I showed to others. We took the BART from Oakland to San Francisco. The BART was very crowded, we didn't have a seat. When the BART started go, it was shaking a lot. I had to hold a friend's shoulder. Who in the afternoon class. Just a few minutes the BART took us to San Francisco. That was my frist time I took the BART. And then we walked from BART station of San Francisco to Pier 41 about 15 minutes. We colleted money give to our teacher. He bought ferry tickets for our group to go to Angel Island. The ferry dedart at 10 am. We got into the ferry and went to the top of ferry to view San Francisco Bay. Many bird fly follow our ferry. We try to took pitures for the birds but they move quickly.
The weather was cloudy and windy. We arrived to Angel Island at 10.20 am. We climbed throught 142 stairs to view immigrantion station. At there, the docent man told us about history of Angel Island. He is a volunteer worker on Angel Island.
After that, our teacher gave to each person of us a map of Angel Island. We climbed to the Mt Livemore. It is the top of the Island. I was so tired and hungry when I got there. We enjoyed our lunch and view around San Francisco Bay. Before I have never viewed San Francisco Bay like that. It is a beautiful bay.
We went down of the mountain at 2 pm. We have to came back the ferry station at 3pm. On the way came back I was chating with some friends in another class. Seem the way was shorter and I walked faster, althoungh I was hurt my feet.
While we waited the ferry came back to Pier 41 our teacher asked each person of us about thinking of the trip. We was tired but we was happy.
When we came back to Pier 41 haft of us took the BART back to Oakland . I and some friends went to the cafe Trieste with the teacher. We walked throught many block to get coffee. But I didn't drink coffee, I drinked tea.
We took the ferry back to Oakland at 5. 45 pm. We arrived the Jack London square about 6.30pm. We walked again about 20 minutes to the bus station. We went back to school at 7.00pm. My husband picked up me get home at 7.10pm.
That day was a long day for me. Before I never walked long way like that. My feet was so bad, it was hurt a lot. But I was happy, I had a good time with my classmates and my teacher. I'll never forget this trip.

No comments: